GIWA May Crop Report
- GIWA forecast 2022 WA crop area at 8.91m ha.
- Crop area estimates are below (June 2021 estimates in brackets):
- Wheat: 4.95m ha (5.16)
- Barley: 1.62m ha (1.57)
- Canola: 1.75m ha (1.58)
- Oats: 0.31m ha (0.38)
- Lupins: 0.24m ha (0.24)
- Pulses: 0.038m ha (0.053)
Update to AWB Floating Spreads
- AWB have made changes to their floating multi-grade contracts.
- Spreads will now be fixed on the first day of transfer for each individual contract, unless requested to be fixed prior.
Japanese Noodle Blend Change
- The minimum protein for ASWJ (noodle) blend to Japan has been amended to 9.7%, previously 10.0%.
- This is a result of the low average protein in ANW1 and ANW2 from the 2021 harvest.
- The new blend will apply from the Feb tender, for May shipment.
- The widening of the protein specs increases the available supply of noodle wheat for Japan.
Quality Optimisation Cut-Off Dates
- The cut-off dates for CBH Quality Optimisation are approaching.
- Esperance and Geraldton: January 14 2022.
- Albany and Kwinana: January 21 2022.
BFEDX and OAT3
- CBH introduced the feed barely grade (BFEDX) in preparation for receiving low test weight with a minimum of 46 kg/hl with a no limit frost affected count.
- The grade OAT3 is offered to facilitate delivery of lighter oats with a minimum of 48 kg/hl due to the frost events during the growing period.
- CBH receival standards have been updated to reflect the changes.
CBH Freight Rate Estimates
- CBH have increased freight rates for the 2021/22 harvest.
- Rates will increase on average 18%, or $2.41/t, across the network.
- The rates are an estimate only and will be finalised in February 2022.
GIWA Malt Barley Recommendations 2022/23
- Spartacus CL and RGT Planet dominate barley area in WA.
- Spartacus CL is now an approved variety for the manufacture of shochu in Japan.
- La Trobe will no longer be segregated after the 2022/23 harvest.
- Leabrook, LG Alestar and Maximus CL were accredited as malt varieties by Barley Australia in March 2021. Only Maximus CL will be segregated at the 2022/23 harvest.
GIWA September Crop Report
- GIWA forecast 2021 WA crop production at 19.3mmt, down 4% from last month.
- Crop production estimates are below (% change from last month in brackets):
- Wheat: 10.6mmt (down 6%)
- Barley: 5.0mmt (up 2%)
- Canola: 2.4mmt (down 3%)
- Oats: 0.67mmt (unchanged)
- Lupins: 0.53mmt (down 4%)
- Pulses: 0.092mmt (down 18%)
ABARES September Crop Report
- ABARES released updated Australian crop production estimates for the 2021/22 season.
- Total national winter crop production is pegged at 54.8mmt, down 2% from last year but 32% above the 10-year average.
- September production estimates below (with the % change from last year in brackets):
- Wheat: 32.6mmt (down 2%)
- Barley: 12.5mmt (down 5%)
- Canola: 5mmt (up 11%)
- Chickpeas: 0.84mmt (up 15%)
GIWA June Crop Report
- GIWA increased their 2021 WA total crop area estimate to 8.99m ha, up 4.4% from the May estimate.
- Crop area estimates are below (% change from May in brackets):
- Wheat: 5.16m ha (up 5%)
- Barley: 1.57m ha (up 2.6%)
- Canola: 1.58m ha (up 5.9%)
- Oats: 0.38m ha (down 2.6%)
- Lupins: 0.24m ha (up 4.3%)
- Pulses: 0.053m ha (up 10.4%)
CBH 2021/22 Supply Chain Fees
- Supply chain fees for the 2021/22 season have increased by a total of $2.20/t.
- The grower receival fee and the exporters port terminal shipping fee will each increase by $1.10/t.
GIWA May Crop Report
- GIWA forecast 2021 WA crop area at 8.61m ha.
- The overall canola area planted is a record for Western Australia.
- Crop area estimates are below (July 2020 estimates in brackets):
- Wheat 4.92m ha (4.93)
- Barley: 1.53m ha (1.62)
- Canola: 1.49m ha (1.1)
- Oats: 0.39m ha (0.48)
- Lupins: 0.23m ha (0.28)
- Pulses: 0.048m ha (0.069)
GIWA February Crop Report
- GIWA released final crop production estimates for the 2020 season.
- WA produced 16.6mmt of grain in 2020, up nearly 50% from 2019.
- Crop production estimates are below (% change from 2019 season in brackets):
- Wheat: 9.2mmt (up 66%)
- Barley: 4.5mmt (up 18%)
- Canola: 1.6mmt (up 46%)
- Oats: 0.58mmt (up 48%)
- Lupins: 0.58mmt (up 66%)
- Pulses: 0.083mmt (up 160%)
GIWA December Crop Report
- GIWA forecast total WA crop production at ~16mmt, up 14% from last month.
- Crop production estimates are below (% change from November in brackets):
- Wheat: 8.9mmt (up 13%)
- Barley: 4.2mmt (up 18%)
- Canola: 1.6mmt (up 18%)
- Oats: 0.58mmt (up 2%)
- Lupins: 0.57mmt (up 14%)
- Pulses: 0.083mmt (up 8%)
ABARES Australian Crop Report
- ABARES released updated Australian crop production estimates for the 2020/21 season.
- Total national winter crop production is pegged at 51.5mmt, up 76% from last year.
- December production estimates below (with the % change from last year in brackets):
- Wheat: 31.2mmt (up 106%)
- Barley: 12mmt (up 33%)
- Canola 3.7mmt (up 59%)
- Oats: 1.6mmt (up 89%)
- Chickpeas: 0.74mmt (up 162%)